“I’d like to be part of a team of scriptwriters,” the guitarist explained. “I think I’d be good. Russell has been trying to rope me into something, but at the moment I can’t commit to anything outside Oasis. But one day. Who knows?”
He also revealed that he’s friends with the comedian because of their “contrary characteristics”.
“Russell‘s a big posh Essex boy former-junkie who’s been to the dark side and found Hare Krishna. He’s never seen a council estate,” joked Gallagher. “I’m a gruff northerner who drinks Red Stripe. He finds that fascinating.”
Meanwhile, get this week’s issue of NME, out tomorrow (September 17), for a special Oasis giveaway, featuring:
– Two exclusive video interviews with the band
– Introduction written by Noel Gallagher
– Lyrics and sheet music for four ‘Dig Out Your Soul’ songs: ‘Bag It Up’, ‘The Turning’, ‘(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady’ and single ‘The Shock Of The Lightning’
– ‘Dig Out Your Soul’ album artwork
– Video instructions on how to play Oasis’ 1994 debut single ‘Supersonic’
– Oasis screensavers, wallpapers, desktop widget and a link to an exclusive microsite
– Competition details on how to win a VIP trip to any Oasis gig in the world
Make sure you get your copy now by pre-ordering at the NME store.