Oasis guitarist reveals his recuperation programme
The Oasis guitarist was pushed over by a stage invader during the band’s set at V Festival in Toronto on Sunday (September 7).
Writing on his blog on Oasisinet.com, Gallagher apologised to fans for missing the shows – including tonight’s (September 12) gig in New York, explaining that he is seeing doctors again after the incident.
“Nowt down today, droogs,” he wrote on his blog. “Spent all day in bed suffering from my severe tickling at the hands of that drunken Canadian who, it transpires, is a grown man of 47 years!! (And I thought I was the oldest person at our gigs!)
“In his defence though, he’s probably having one of those mid-life crises things. Apparently it’s on YouTube [it is, see below]. Imagine doing an assault on world television!?”
He then revealed his recuperation aids.
“Did get to watch four ‘Seinfeld’s though. And some American football, so not too dissimilar to a normal day back home. Have to get another check up tomorrow. I’m gonna ask for new bionic ribs,” Gallagher wrote.
“Apologies for blowing out the show in London (that’s London in Canada). You can thank your comrade from Toronto for that. We will return though. Probably in December. Anyway, gotta go. These painkillers are kicking in again.”
Meanwhile, get next week’s issue of NME for a special Oasis giveaway, featuring:
– Two exclusive video interviews with the band
– Introduction written by Noel Gallagher
– Lyrics and sheet music for four ‘Dig Out Your Soul’ songs: ‘Bag It Up’, ‘The Turning’, ‘(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady’ and single ‘The Shock Of The Lightning’
– ‘Dig Out Your Soul’ album artwork
– Video instructions to play Oasis’ 1994 debut single ‘Supersonic’
– Oasis screensavers, wallpapers, desktop widget and link to exclusive microsite
– Competition details to win a VIP trip to any Oasis gig in the world
Make sure you get your copy now by pre-ordering at the NME store.