Buskers to debut band's unreleased tracks on streets of New York tomorrow (Sept 12)
Oasis have announced that they will debut a handful of tracks from their forthcoming album by having street musicians perform them tomorrow (September 12) on the streets of New York.
The band, whose highly-anticipated album ‘Dig Out Your Soul’ is due out in the US on October 7, will not be performing the tracks themselves.
Instead, they will meet with several buskers for a private rehearsal tomorrow morning, after which the street musicians will take to the different parts of the city to perform Oasis‘ new tracks ‘The Turning’, ‘Bag It Up’, ‘(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady’ and new single ‘The Shock Of The Lightning’.
The event is a collaborative effort among the band, New York City‘s marketing and tourism organisation, and the band’s label Warner Bros. Records.
The street musicians will perform at locations including subway station platforms at Grand Central, Times Square, Penn Station and Astor Place. A full list of street locations can be found at Nycvisit.com/oasis.
Meanwhile, get next week’s issue of NME for a special Oasis giveaway, featuring:
– Two exclusive video interviews with the band
– Introduction written by Noel Gallagher
– Lyrics and sheet music for four ‘Dig Out Your Soul’ songs: ‘Bag It Up’, ‘The Turning’, ‘(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady’ and single ‘The Shock Of The Lightning’
– ‘Dig Out Your Soul’ album artwork
– Video instructions to play Oasis’ 1994 debut single ‘Supersonic’
– Oasis screensavers, wallpapers, desktop widget and link to exclusive microsite
– Competition details to win a VIP trip to any Oasis gig in the world
Below is a clip of what we’re giving away. Make sure you get your copy now by pre-ordering at the NME store.
–By our Los Angeles staff.