Dance festival invites ticket buyers to email in their experience of Friday's events
The organisers of London’s Bloc festival have launched a full investigation into the events that led to the festival being shut down on Friday night (July 6).
The event, which was due to be headlined by Snoop Dogg, was called off in the early hours of Saturday morning (July 7) by police after organisers declared that the festival’s site of London Pleasure Gardens had become unsafe for public use.
The Metropolitan Police had previously said that the bad weather on Friday evening had led to the site’s safety being compromised, despite reports from attendees that the event was over-capacity and poorly organised.
In a statement posted last night (July 9), organisers said that they had vowed to get to the bottom of the situation and were inviting ticket buyers to email in their experiences. You can send your comments to email@example.com.
They wrote: “We wanted to reiterate that we have launched an investigation into the events of Friday night. To that end we have opened an email address to which we would like you submit any information you think may be relevant. We are keen to hear from you so we can build the most accurate picture and report of what happened. As ever, you guys are at the heart of what we do so please drop us a line with any comments.”
They continued: “Our primary concern has always been the safety and enjoyment of those attending Bloc. This is why we acted swiftly on the advice of our health and safety team who were on site on Friday evening. It was a decision that saddened the crew who have staged this festival with great success over many years. However, the safety of those attending is our paramount concern at all times.”
They continued further: “As we have previously said, our heartfelt thanks go out to all involved in the peaceful and safe evacuation. We would also like to make it clear that we are deeply sorry for all of the frustration and disappointment this situation has caused all of you. No one is more gutted about it than us.”
All ticket buyers have been reassured that they will receive full refunds on their purchases, with information on exactly when due to be published in the coming days.