Ozzy Osbourne has said he “couldn’t complain” if a hologram version of himself went on tour.
Today (February 7), while announcing the US dates for his final bow, Osbourne discussed whether he’d like to see a hologram of himself take over the reins for live performances. “If I’m gone, I don’t have a say in the matter,” Loudwire reports he said.
“I can’t complain,” he added, before mimicking a ghost. “I’m the prince of darkness, I will haunt you. Go fucking wild!”
Osbourne also commented on the recent controversy over rumours Justin Timberlake planned to use a hologram of Prince during his Super Bowl halftime show. “From what I know of Prince, he wouldn’t have liked that,” he said. “I read an article about him and he would never do taped interviews because his voice was his income. And I know that from first hand because there was a time when people were pressing interviews on vinyl and I’m walking in the park one day and a guy had like 200 albums. I said, ‘What’s that?’ and it was a bootleg interview.”
The legend also reiterated that he is not retiring from music, but would no longer be going on big tours. “People have to understand that,” he said. “I don’t want someone coming up the road and saying, ‘You said you’re not going to do it anymore.’ I’m not retiring. I’m just taking it easier on myself.”
The No More Tours 2 run will kick off in Jacksonville, Florida 0n April 27. The last date confirmed at present is at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena on October 13. You can see the full list of dates here.
Osbourne was confirmed last year to be one of the three headliners for the 2018 edition of Download Festival. He will top the bill at the Donington Park Festival, which is due to take place from June 8-10.