Ozzy Osbourne has revealed that he has recovered from an infection in his thumb that forced him to cancel tour dates.
The Prince of Darkness was hospitalised earlier this month after contracted a staph infection in his right thumb.
The legendary rocker had to undergo multiple surgeries and postpone the last four shows of the autumn North American leg of his ‘No More Tours 2’ trek.
Osbourne is now back to good health, reassuring fans in a video shared on Twitter yesterday (October 25) that he’s made full recovery.
“I just want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your concern,” he said. “My thumb is fully recovered now. I am looking forward to seeing you all this New Year’s Eve at The Forum with Ozzfest.”
The former Black Sabbath frontman revealed to Rolling Stone on Sunday (October 21) that he could have died if his infection hadn’t been dealt with so efficiently.
He said that he first judged the gravity of the infection by reading his doctor’s expression and body language. “If he comes in with a really solemn face,” he said, “I go, ‘Oh, OK. My time to go is up.'”
In other news, Osbourne recently announced the lineup for his Ozzfest New Year’s Eve indoors concert in Los Angeles, which has Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, KoRn’s Jonathan Davis, Body Count and, of course, Ozzy on the bill.
The lineup for the event’s outdoor second stage features Zakk Sabbath (the Black Sabbath tribute act led by Ozzy guitarist Zakk Wylde), DevilDriver, and Wednesday 13.
Osbourne’s postponed tour dates have been rescheduled for 2019 – see below:
July 20 – Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
July 23 – Chula Vista, CA @ Mattress Firm Amphitheatre
July 27 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
July 29 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl