Police investigate break-in at Paul McCartney’s London home

No arrests have yet been made

Police have reportedly launched an investigation after a break-in at the London home of Sir Paul McCartney.

The Beatles icon’s home in St John’s Wood was targeted at approximately 6.20PM on Friday December 7.

A Scotland Yard spokesperson has since confirmed they were called to the property and discovered signs of forced entry.

No arrests have yet been made and the investigation is ongoing, the force said.

Paul McCartney

It is currently unknown if McCartney or his wife Nancy Shevell were home at the time of the break-in, which occurred only a day after he performed the second of two shows in Vienna on the ‘Freshen Up’ tour.

He began the UK leg of the tour with a homecoming show at Liverpool’s Echo Arena on Wednesday tonight, and will head to London’s O2 Arena for a massive end-of-year show on Sunday evening.

Last month, McCartney shared a previously unreleased home-recorded demo of his John Lennon inspired song ‘Dear Friend.’

The track featured on Wings‘ 1971 album ‘Wild Life’, which was remastered for releast last week. The new edition of the record features rough mixes, home recordings, b-sides, a DVD of rare footage, and more.

Speaking about the song,McCartney said: “With ‘Dear Friend’, that’s sort of me talking to John after we’d had all the sort of disputes about The Beatles break up. I find it very emotional when I listen to it now. I have to sort of choke it back. I remember when I heard the song recently, listening to the roughs [versions of the remasterings] in the car.