The late musician's DNA has also been sampled to prevent false paternity claims
The family of Prince have said reports the late musician had already received a memorial service are wrong.
It was previously claimed the musician had already been cremated at a private service at his Paisley Park home after his death last month.
Hollywood Life reports his siblings have released a statement denying these reports. It read: “We would like everyone to know that, contrary to previous and current reports, there has been no memorial, funeral or tribute service for Prince that was organized or authorized by the family or Paisley Park representatives. Together, the family is planning an official memorial service and public event to take place in the near future.”
The statement continued: “Prince and his music influenced so many people that we feel inspired to celebrate his life and legacy in just the right way. We appreciate the public’s patience and have been comforted by your outpouring of love, support and condolences. We look forward to sharing with the world this celebration of, and farewell to, our Prince.”
According to the Guardian, lawyers have been given permission to obtain a sample of Prince’s DNA.
A judge ruled that the move would help prevent any false paternity claims that should arise in the aftermath of the musician’s death.
Prince does not have any known children and did not make a will before he passed away aged 57 on April 21.
Minnesota district court Judge Kevin Eide said that parentage issues could come up as the probate case goes forward. He gave estate administrator Bremer Trust authorisation to analyse Prince’s blood and undertake other genetic tests required for the administration of the estate.
The value of Prince’s estate has yet to be confirmed, but it is reported that his back catalogue of music alone is estimated to be worth in excess of $500m.