The Prodigy have shared an emotional new tribute to Keith Flint on social media, calling him a “brother.”
Flint, 49, was found dead in his Dunmow home on Monday (March 4). His bandmate Liam Howlett later revealed that the Prodigy frontman had took his own life.
- The NME obituary – Keith Flint, 1969-2019: the twisted face of rave, the beating heart of The Prodigy
Now, the band have shared another emotional tribute Flint, posting an old picture of Keith and Liam together in a bar on Instagram.
The post was captioned: “Two brothers on a night out..#theprodigy”. You can see the post below:
Reacting to the loss earlier this week, The Prodigy’s band manager also remembered Flint as “witty, charming, pensive and mercurial.
“Whilst there was much complexity to the man, an easier and simpler memory is of Keef enjoying life and shining brightly – onstage or off,” he added.
Fans left messages of support and condolences beneath the image. One user, ‘wackiacki’ said: “Hang in there fellas. We’re all here with you”. Another, ‘adam_in_chains’ said: “Heartbroken. RIP my HERO. Thank you for everything. Your fire will continue to burn.”
Meanwhile, a number of tributes are being planned in honour of Flint. A visit by fans to the pub Flint once owned has been organised and a tribute night at London night club The Cause is planned for March 16.
For help and advice on mental health issues, check out the below organisations:
- YOUNG MINDS – The voice for young people’s health and wellbeing
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably for young men
- Time To Change – Let’s end mental health discrimination
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day