Adam Lambert keen to front Queen at Glastonbury

'If they invited me, yes of course I would'

Adam Lambert has admitted that he’d like to perform with Queen at Glastonbury, after rumours circulated that the combo might be a frontrunner for the 2016 headline slot.

Talking to Bang Showbiz, Lambert – who has fronted Queen since 2011 – admitted the rumours were news to him, but showed plenty of enthusiasm.

“Why do we even care about the rumours baby? I don’t know! That’s the first time hearing of it so I don’t know. If they invited me, yes of course I would,” Lambert said when asked about Glastonbury.

Brian May had previously suggested that Lambert’s commitments might have been the reason the band didn’t play 2015’s festival, saying:

“Look these things get put on the table, it would be interesting to do Glastonbury if we were an operational unit at the time.”

“You see this year Adam’s off doing his solo work at the moment so it wouldn’t have worked. You only look at things that are possible logistically at the time.”

NMEGetty

May has also been getting involved in a bit of politics over recent weeks, hosting a ‘badger funeral’ in London to protest government culls. During the protest, he called the culls “senseless” and “inhumane”.

“It’s a disgrace and a joke which is not funny,” he told The Mirror. “Just think of the wasted time, the wasted opportunities, and the appalling squandering of all our money, by this Government’s refusal to face up the truth of their folly.”

A classic Queen concert is getting a fresh airing in the near future, with the release of concert DVD ‘A Night At The Odeon – Hammersmith 1975’ scheduled for November 20.

“This concert was very special because it was the first time we ever played a whole show completely live on TV … the Christmas Show,” said Brian May in a statement. “The quality, after great rescue work and transfer into the digital domain, is amazing. And the energy we had comes across very forcefully.”

You can see the trailer via YouTube, below: