It was a case of mistaken identity
Rod Stewart‘s son Sean Stewart has had felony charges against him dropped after a judge threw out the case in court today (May 2).
Stewart, 27 was accused of punching and throwing bricks at two people in Hollywood last year, after a dispute on a narrow road.
He was charged with assault with a deadly weapon for allegedly attacking Tobalus and Ericka Stein after the couples truck and Stewart’s car were unable to pass each other on a narrow strip of road in the Hollywood Hills, reports the Associated Press.
Bystanders on the street began throwing things at the truck, with Stewart’s windshield being shattered in the process. Stewart then got out of his car and was accused of taking part in the violence.
His attorney Dana Cole said: “Over the course of time, it became apparent to the district attorney’s office that it may have been mistaken identity. There were a lot of people on the street at the time and he was a recognizable face.”
There is another lawsuit pending from the couple, who are also suing Stewart for assault and battery.
Meanwhile, Stewart is also facing a lawsuit from a man who says he broke his nose in a Hollywood nightclub in 2006.
–By our New York staff.