Ryan Adams’ UK and Ireland tour has been cancelled

His upcoming album release has reportedly been pulled

After denying recent allegations of sexual misconduct, Ryan Adams‘ upcoming UK and Ireland tour dates have been cancelled.

Earlier this month, an exposé saw Adams accused of abuse, manipulation, and sending graphic messages to a minor.  Adams has previously denied the claims and said that he “never engaged in inappropriate online sexual communications with someone he knew was underage”. Accounts were gathered from seven women, including ex-wife Mandy Moore and Phoebe Bridgers.

Headlines were made  again this week after it appeared that while the upcoming release of album ‘Big Colors’ had been cancelled, his UK and Ireland tour dates  (including two nights at London’s Royal Albert Hall) were still set to take place. The highest tier of ticket (costing £152.90) included “an invitation to Ryan’s Pinball Lair, an-site VIP host, a Ryan Adams gallery and signed merchandise.

Now, the dates have been pulled.

“The Ryan Adams UK & Ireland tour has been cancelled,” wrote the Royal Albert on Twitter. “Full refunds to ticket purchasers from authorised outlets will be processed by end of day on Monday. Please allow time for the repayment transaction to hit your account.”

There was anger earlier in the week after fans struggled to get refunds.

“Just been contacted about Ryan Adams tickets by the Royal Albert Hall,” wrote one fan on Twitter. “Apparently they are unable to offer refunds as the promoter assures them it is going ahead. So they have zero moral compass, then. I’ll remember that.”

Another received a similar response from the venue after stating that they “did not want to financially support someone like that”.

When approached by NME for a response, a spokesman for promoters SJM Concerts said at the time that “at this time the tour is still scheduled to go ahead.”

In an email from vendor site SeeTickets seen by NME, another customer was told: “The event is still going ahead, and therefore in line with our agreed terms and conditions, refunds are not available.”

A spokesman from Royal Albert Hall added: “The venue is being hired by a third party promoter SJM for the Ryan Adams concerts. The promoter has advised us that the concerts are still scheduled to go ahead. We are continuing to monitor this situation very closely.”

After Phoebe Bridgers issued a statement calling on Adam’s ‘network’ or “friends, bands and people he worked with” to be held to account, his former guitarist Todd Wisenbacker also condemned his alleged behaviour – claiming that ‘everything he’d been told was a lie upon a lie’.

Collaborator Jenny Lewis also said that she was ‘deeply troubled’ by the accusations against Adams, and spoke of her ‘solidarity’ with the victims. Ex-wife Mandy Moore has been open about how she felt “like she was drowning” in their “unhealthy relationship” in a new interview.

Mandy Moore & Ryan Adams

Earlier this month, Adams denied the “extremely serious and outlandish accusations” in a statement released by his lawyer Andrew B. Brettler. He said they were “grousing by disgruntled individuals” who blamed him for “personal or professional disappointments.”

It was also reported that Adams may now also be facing a criminal investigation from the F.B.I over the allegations, one of which was said to have included an inappropriate relationship with a young fan – which Adams has denied.