SNOOP DOGG BARKS BACK

In a statement delivered exclusively to NME.COM, the rapper says he is "looking into the appropriate legal action" against former label Death Row Records...

SNOOP DOGG has issued his first, albeit brief, statement about the illegal posting of his forthcoming album, ‘THA LAST MEAL’, on the website of his former record label more than two weeks before its commercial release.

In a statement delivered exclusively to NME.COM, a spokesperson for the rapper said: “This use of the Snoop Dogg/Priority masters is both unauthorised and illegal and we are looking into appropriate legal action.”

‘Tha Last Meal’ is to be Snoop’s third and final album for No Limit. Nineteen tracks from it appeared on [url=]www.deathrowrecords2000.com at the beginning of last week. Fans who went to the site were greeted with the message: “You Decide! Take the Snoop Dogg challenge and choose between ‘Dead Man Walkin” and ‘Tha Last Meal’. Listen to both albums and choose song for song which album is better!”

‘Dead Man Walkin” was Snoop’s last album for Death Row recorded before he left in 1998. It was finally released this year, peaking at number 24 on the Billboard 200 in the US.

At present [url=]www.deathrowrecords2000.com is inaccessible. It is unclear if this due to a fault on the site or because No Limit have acted to block downloads.

The album, due for release in UK on December 18 and December 19 in the US, includes guest appearances from George Clinton, Nate Dogg and Master P, as well as production from Dr. Dre, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz.