Stormzy, his manager Tobo Onwuka and team #Merky collectively won the award from the ‘Team Achievement Award’ for their “immense contribution to British music and culture.”
Speaking at the ceremony, Stormzy said “my team is everything” before calling his team a “family” and a “powerhouse.”
Hosted by Huw Stephens, the awards also celebrated Nile Rodgers who received the ‘Artists’ Artist’ award from Blur’s Alex James and Dave Rowntree. Earlier this year, Rodgers curated a critically acclaimed Meltdown festival at London’s Southbank.
There were prizes too for New Order’s management as well as Debbie Gwyther, for her “extraordinary work” with Liam Gallagher. Liam, who was on tour in Aberdeen, sent a personal video of thanks to congratulate his manager and fiancee on receiving the award.
Elsewhere, Lewis Capaldi won ‘Artist of the Year’ and gave away his prize – an all expenses paid week-long trip to Columbia to record at Selina Music Studio Medellin – to CHARLOTTE, a new artist from Hull.
The full list of winners can be seen below.
- Breakthrough Manager: Sophie Bloggs, YMU Music
- Writer / Producer Manager: Sandy Dworniak, This Much Talent
- Artist of the Year: Lewis Capaldi
- Entrepreneur: Andy Varley, Insanity Group
- Breakthrough Artist: Aitch
- Manager of the Year: Debbie Gwyther, FEAR
- Team Achievement – Stormzy, Tobe Onwuka, Team #Merky
- FanFair Outstanding Contribution to Live Music: Sam Fender & Owain Davies
- Pioneer (sponsored by Facebook): Neneh Cherry
- Managers’ Manager (sponsored by SJM Concerts): Rebecca Boulton & Andy Robinson, Prime Management
- Artists’ Artist (sponsored by PPL): Nile Rodgers