Festival-goers warned over green ‘Rolex’ pills after two deaths at T In The Park

Two teenagers died over the weekend at Scottish fest

Festival-goers leaving T In The Park Festival have been warned about a dangerous batch of fake ecstasy pills thought to be in circulation.

The warning comes after the deaths of two teenagers at the festival site over the weekend. Megan Bell and Peter MacCallum, both 17, died in separate incidents as this year’s edition of the Scottish festival kicked off at Strathallan Castle in Perthshire.

The Guardian reports that police in Scotland have recovered a number of green pills with the Rolex logo printed on them. The pills have not been connected to the two deaths but police believe that they are toxic and could contain the harmful substance para-Methoxyamphetamine.

NMEDanny North/NME

Following the two deaths on Friday, Police Scotland’s gold commander for the festival, Ch Supt Angela McLaren, said: “We are continuing to investigate these deaths and are following lines of inquiry, including the possibility that they may be drug related. I would remind all persons attending the festival that there is no safe way of taking drugs.”

In the wake of the teenagers’ deaths, extra drug amnesty bins have been placed in the campsites where festival-goers can hand in illegal substances without fear of being prosecuted.

Red Hot Chili Peppers closed the festival on Sunday night.