Gold reveal annual winner of festive search
A joke about Take That has been voted as the best new Christmas cracker joke for 2014.
The winning gag was sent in by Lynne Newton, who picked up £1,500 courtesy of TV channel Gold in their annual search for the joke “What will be missing from Take That’s Christmas stocking this year? An Orange.”
The joke, a reference to Jason Orange’s departure from the band earlier this year, has won Newton a £1,500 holiday. The joke was submitted via Twitter before being crowned the winner following a vote of over 2000 members of the public. The winner of the competition in 2013 was a joke about Miley Cyrus having “twerky” for Christmas dinner.
The rest of the Top 10, including jokes at the expense of Bono, Nigel Farage, David Cameron and footballer Luis Suarez can be read below
2. How does Luis Suárez like his Christmas dinner? Bite-sized.
3. What do the royal family play at Christmas instead of musical chairs? Game Of Thrones.
4. What did the Snowman say to the aggressive carrot? “Get out of my face.”
5. Why is Christmas a busy time for David Cameron? He’s got two parties to organise.
6. What’s the difference between Bono and Santa? Santa gives you things you want.
7. Why won’t Santa visit Nigel Farage? Because he only comes if you sleep, not if Ukip.
8. Why are snowmen rubbish at cricket? They’re always bowling snowballs.
9. I got a Ukip advent calendar. It’s rubbish, all the doors keep slamming shut.
10. Why is The Great British Bake Off like the nativity? Because the Star is in the Yeast.