Take That have said that they are missing Jason Orange and that their forthcoming 42-date tour will be a challenge.
Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen will tour as a trio. The Take That Live 2015 tour begins in Glasgow on Monday (April 27).
Speaking to The Sun, Howard Donald explained: ”Sometimes you think you’re used to it then a new thing comes along, and we do miss Jason. But we are a three-piece. This is what we’ve got to do.”
”It’s our biggest arena tour. In the energy of the show you’re aware that J’s not there. But you don’t want people to feel it’s missing him,” Mark Owen continued.
”That said, we’re respectful of J as well. We’re not trying to take his place. There are things we haven’t done because it was J’s thing.”
Gary Barlow concluded, ”This is the biggest test and challenge for us.”
Jason Orange left Take That in September.
At the time of his departure, he told fans, “At a band meeting last week I confirmed to Mark, Gary and Howard that I do not wish to commit to recording and promoting a new album. ‘At the end of The Progress Tour I began to question whether it might be the right time for me to not continue on with Take That. There have been no fallings out, only a decision on my part that I no longer wish to do this.”
Take That released their new album ‘III’ in November. The album became their seventh number one album.
Meanwhile, Take That recently revealed that they want to play Glastonbury but said the festival’s founder Michael Eavis won’t return their calls.
Speaking at the BBC Music Awards, the band’s Howard Donald said: “Historically we’ve never done festivals – we did try and contact Michael Eavis but he didn’t reply.” His bandmate Mark Owen later added that “they keep leaving him messages”.