A man who violated a restraining order and threatened to kill Taylor Swift has been sentenced to 10 years probation.
Frank Andrew Hoover will be monitored by GPS surveillance for at least a year and has been ordered to keep at least a mile away from the singer and her family.
Hoover has also been ordered to surrender any firearms, as well as undergoing psychological and drug testing.
He was arrested in 2016 as part of an investigation into claims that he followed the singer from her show in Austin on October of that year.
It had been alleged that Hoover followed Swift’s motorcade to the airport where her private jet was situated and was waiting for her on her arrival.
— Elizabeth Saab (@ElizabethSaab) November 10, 2016
TMZ claimed that Swift’s bodyguards told police that Hoover got within 25-50 feet of the singer’s car and, when asked his intentions, said that he wanted to “possibly accompany Taylor wherever she goes”.
At the time, Swift had already been granted a protective order requiring Hoover to stay 500 feet away from her at all times.
It had also been alleged that Hoover sent several troubling emails to Swift’s father, Scott Swift, leading up to and after the incident.
Messages allegedly included Hoover saying: “Without her, I walk the earth alone forever and she’ll continue to experience failed relationships that break her heart” and “God is going to kill all the Swifts and then the issue will go away.”
Hoover also allegedly included a photo of the singer with a caption that read, “A whore named Satan dies,” in red.