The musician was found dead at his Essex home in March. An inquest at Chelmsford Coroner’s Court later confirmed that Flint, 49, died due to hanging.
While tributes flooded in at the time of his death, The Chemical Brothers have now hailed Flint as a “complete life force”.
Speaking to NME for this week’s Big Read, Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons said: “The Prodigy were always kind and supportive. They’d managed to make their band encapsulate that feeling that connected us to dance music; escape and abandonment.
“Keith embodied this spirit. What he represented was so indestructible and he was just this complete life force, but on the inside he was really hurting. His death was really shocking and I felt for the rest of the band and his friends and family.”
The duo’s tribute comes ahead of their Glastonbury performance, where they will headline The Other Stage on Saturday night.
The Prodigy were also due to perform at the 2019 festival before Flint’s death.
"Glastonbury is the one and the only festival. To have played it and to have rocked it is one of my most proudest moments"
— BBC Glastonbury (@bbcglasto) June 21, 2019
On Saturday night, a new documentary will shine a light on The Prodigy’s triumphant Glastonbury headline slot in 1997.
“No dance band had ever headlined Glastonbury,” Flint previously said of the honour.
“Very few had played there on the bigger stages. We were determined to go there, and proud of the fact that we were taking a whole new concept onto that stage.”
For help and advice on mental health visit:
- ‘Am I depressed?‘ – Help and advice on mental health and what to do next
- Help Musicians UK – Around the clock mental health support and advice for musicians
- Music Support Org – Help and support for musicians struggling with alcoholism, addiction, or mental health issues
- YOUNG MINDS – The voice for young people’s health and wellbeing
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably for young men
- Time To Change – Let’s end mental health discrimination
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day