The worker lost his right leg and spent seven weeks in hospital last year
The new biopic, which stars Iwan Rheon, Machine Gun Kelly, Douglas Booth, and Daniel Webber as the hell-raising band, arrived on Netflix last Friday (March 22) and is based on the group’s 2001 memoir of the same name.
Following its release, a crew member has claimed that he was electrocuted by a power line while working on the set in March 2018. The New Orleans Advocate reports that Louis DiVincenti – who served as a rigging grip during production – was left with 50 per cent of his body covered by third-degree burns.
DiVincenti said he was passing metal pipes down to other crew members, before one made contact with a nearby power line. He explained that an electrical current “arced through his body and blew out through his right foot.”
With the accident taking place during a shoot at a New Orleans restaurant, DiVincenti said that he then spent seven weeks in the Louisiana city’s University Medical Center – where he was given a two per cent chance of survival. Despite surviving after multiple surgeries and skin grafts, DiVincenti’s right foot had to be amputated.
Now, a lawsuit has been filed against Netflix and Motley Crüe, which claims they are liable for the accident due to a breach of health and safety precautions during production.
“Netflix and the producers of the movie The Dirt, including band members Tommy Lee, Mick Mars, Vince Neil and Nikki Sixx, are liable for the production’s failure to address electrical hazards near the Munch Factory restaurant in the Lower Garden District,” it states.
It’s reported that DiVincenti is seeking damages, which include $1.8 million in medical bills.
NME has contacted Netflix for comment.