The best-selling vinyl albums and singles of 2020 in the UK have been announced by the Official Charts Company (OCC).
The two charts have been published following news from the BPI this week of another strong year for the physical format, with vinyl sales in particular increasing by 11.5% last year compared to 2019 as almost 4.8 million records were purchased – a 13th year of consecutive growth for the format in the UK.
- READ MORE: The 50 best albums of 2020
The OCC have today (January 6) published their rundown of the top 40 best-selling vinyl albums in the UK in 2020, with Fleetwood Mac‘s ‘Rumours’ being named as the biggest-selling vinyl album of last year after it shifted 32,500 copies.
Oasis’ ‘(What’s the Story) Morning Glory?’ and Amy Winehouse‘s ‘Back To Black’ complete the top three. The top-selling vinyl album that was released in 2020 was Kylie Minogue‘s ‘Disco’, which has sold 21,500 copies on vinyl since its release in November.
You can see the top 10 from the list of the best-selling vinyl albums of 2020 in the UK below, and the full top 40 here.
1. Rumours – Fleetwood Mac
2. (What’s The Story) Morning Glory? – Oasis
3. Back To Black – Amy Winehouse
4. Nevermind – Nirvana
5. Fine Line – Harry Styles
6. Disco – Kylie Minogue
7. Greatest Hits – Queen
8. Power Up – AC/DC
9. Live At The Royal Albert Hall – Arctic Monkeys
10. Ultra Mono – IDLES
The OCC have also published their rundown of the UK’s top 40 best-selling vinyl singles of 2020, with Liam Gallagher‘s charity single ‘All You’re Dreaming Of’ topping that chart after shifting 11,600 copies.
You can see the top 10 of the UK’s vinyl singles chart for 2020 below.
1. All You’re Dreaming Of – Liam Gallagher
2. Love Will Tear Us Apart – Joy Division
3. Living In A Ghost Town – Rolling Stones
4. Atmosphere – Joy Division
5. No Time To Die – Billie Eilish
6. Blue Monday – New Order
7. Transmission – Joy Division
8. Blue Moon Rising – Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
9. Christmas Lights – Coldplay
10. Say Something – Kylie Minogue
Earlier this week, the BPI named Lewis Capaldi and The Weeknd among the biggest-selling artists overall in the UK in 2020.