The White Stripes have posted new information about their new album ’Icky Thump’.
The band posted a square wordsearch style puzzle on their official webiste whitestripes.com.
Below the puzzle is a one line sentence following each of the tracks on ’Icky Thump’. With the ‘Conquest’ clue definitely coming from the song’s lyric, there is wide speculation the list are snippets from the new songs.
The post reads:
1. ‘Icky Thump’ – Well, you can’t be a pimp and a prostitute too.
2. ‘You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told)’ – In some respects I suspect you’ve got a respectable side.
3. ‘300 M.P.H Torrential Outpour Blues’ – Sooner or later the ground’s gonna be holding all of my ashes too.
4. ‘Conquest’ – The hunted became the huntress, the hunter became the prey.
5. ‘Bone Broken’ – They got a white pony in a stable and ride him when the doggie isn’t able.
6. ‘Prickly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn’ – The silver birches pierce through an icy fog which covers the ground most daily.
7. ‘St. Andrew (This Battle Is In The Air)’ – I’m looking upwards, who is here to greet me?
8. ‘Little Cream Soda’ – Well, every highway that I go down seems to be longer than the last one that I knew about, oh well.
9. ‘Rag And Bone’ – Bring out your junk and we’ll give it a home.
10. ‘I’m Slowly Turning Into You’ – I dig your little laugh and I’m loving your quick wit.
11. ‘A Martyr For My Love For You’ – Maybe these ruby shoes are a little cumbersome for you.
12. ‘Catch Hell Blues’ – If you’re looking for hot water, don’t be shocked when you get burned a little bit.
13. ‘Effect And Cause’ – First you cause a train wreck, then you put me in traction?
A release date for the album has yet to be confirmed.