The White Stripes mainman tops the NME Cool List 2002 - and Meg's in the Top Ten too...
JACK WHITE is officially the coolest man in rock – according to NME’s first ever COOL LIST.
The list has been devised to celebrate the explosion of artists who’ve made music exciting again, who look good, sound incredible and live and breathe the essence of cool.
White Stripes hero was voted top of the 50-strong pile for turning down Gap, his rediscovery of rock’s debt to the blues, and for being the fire that torched the whole new rock revolution.
Below, we have printed the Top Ten, but to see the full list with explanations why who’s made it made it, discover the criteria for making the Cool List and take the Cool Test to see how cool you are, see this week’s NME, on sale in London today (October 29) and the rest of the UK tomorrow.
The Cool List 2002 – Top Ten
1. Jack White (The White Stripes)
2. Fabrizio Moretti (The Strokes)
3. Dolf De Datsun (The Datsuns)
4. Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
5. Mike Skinner (The Streets)
6. Meg White (The White Stripes)
7. Marcie Bolen (The Von Bondies)
8. Craig Nicholls (The Vines)
10. Howlin’ Pelle Almqvist (The Hives)
Now we want you to have YOUR say – who should have been included who isn’t in there? Peruse the 50, and if your coolest star isn’t in there but should be let us know by [url=]clicking here.