"There's no excuse for violence against women. It must stop. It stops when we stand with victims," says the woman's attorney
Trey Songz’s alleged assault victim has reportedly been granted a restraining order against the artist.
Songz was recently accused of hitting a woman in the face while attending a NBA All-Star party in LA. The alleged victim is said to have requested a temporary restraining order to feel safe as the LA City Attorney reviews the case.
According to NY Daily News, a judge approved this on Tuesday (March 6).
Page Six reported that the accuser’s attorney, Lisa Bloom, made the request as the unnamed woman is afraid that she will run into the artist again in LA.
“We are taking this step today to protect my client’s right to peacefully live and work, and we will continue to fully cooperate with law enforcement’s investigation of this serious matter,” Bloom said. “We are asking just one of them with a conscience to reach out to us and tell us what they saw.”
Upon hearing that the judge had given the restraining order, Bloom posted on Twitter: “There’s no excuse for violence against women. It must stop. It stops when [we] stand with victims.”
Meanwhile, Songz’s attorney, Shawn Holley, said that the rapper hasn’t had any interaction with the woman since the incident took place. According to TMZ however, the alleged victim has reached out to some of Songz’s friends.
Last year, Songz pleaded guilty after destroying stage equipment during a live show. He later faced a lawsuit after he allegedly hit a fan at a strip club.
Back in 2012, he was placed under arrest for assaulting a woman in Queens.