One man was killed in the incident in January of this year
Video footage of the alleged hit and run by hip-hop mogul Suge Knight has emerged.
Knight has been charged with murder and faces a life sentence if convicted. At the time, police said a red pick-up truck hit two men, a 55-year-old and a 51-year-old, in the car park of a California fast food restaurant, and then drove away.
Click below to watch the CCTV footage of the incident. Knight will again appear in court today (March 9) for a hearing regarding the case. It will be his first appearance in court after firing his lawyers and going to the hospital for the third time since being arrested, telling Judge James Brandlin that he was going blind and receiving inadequate medical care in custody.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Death Row Records co-founder said he was blind in one eye and had only about 15 per cent vision in his other eye. He also said he was having difficulty understanding the trial as he had been shot six times last year and had a blood clot in his lungs, adding that he had lost 35 pounds as a result of his injuries. Brandlin then transferred Knight’s case to another judge, and he was taken for medical care before his case could be called again.
Knight’s former lawyer admitted it was his client behind the wheel of the vehicle at the centre of the investigation, but claimed that the incident was unintentional. “We are confident that once the investigation is completed, he will be totally exonerated,” James Blatt said. “He was in the process of being physically assaulted by two men and in an effort to escape he unfortunately hit two [other] individuals. He was in his car trying to escape.”