Singer was convicted of crime earlier this week (July 25)
Tulisa Contostavlos has said that she will appeal her conviction for assault.
The singer, and former X Factor judge, was found guilty of hitting celebrity blogger Savvas Morgan at V Festival 2013 on Friday.
Speaking after the trial concluded, Tulisa said: “This has been a rollercoaster week for me. I never wanted any of this. I did not assault Vas J Morgan and I am outraged at this decision. I will be appealing it.” Earlier in the week she was found not guilty of drugs charges in a separate trial.
District Judge Angus Hamilton said: “I am quite sure to the requisite standard of proof, based on my analysis of the evidence that I have heard, that Ms Contostavlos did strike Mr Morgan in the face during an argument and that that blow caused minor bruising and swelling.”
“I’m pleased we can finally put an end to this and move on,” Morgan added following the conclusion of the trial. “It’s been a difficult time for everyone involved and I’d just like to put it behind me.
Contostavlos was fined £200 and ordered to pay a £20 victim surcharge, £100 compensation and £2,700 costs. Her assistant, Gareth Varey, was cleared of using threatening behaviour during the incident.
A separate trial involving the singer facing drugs charges recently collapsed in court after Judge Alistair McCreath stated that he believed prosecution witness Mazher Mahmood had lied to the court at a pre-trial hearing. The pop star was accused of brokering a £800 cocaine deal and walked free, as did her co-defendant Michael Coombs, 36, who had previously pleaded guilty to supplying cocaine.