The star, who needed 22 stitches following the assault, offers a reward for information leading to her assailant's capture...
Diminutive rapper LIL’ MO has spoken publicly for the first time since she was viciously attacked last week, alleging she was set up by a former associate and offering a reward for information leading to her assailant’s capture.
Mo was left needing 22 stitches to her face and fore-head after she was attacked on Friday (June 22) following a show at San Francisco’s Warfield Theatre. She was climbing into her waiting limousine when a man came at her with a bottle of champagne smashing it into her head.
“I been getting phone calls all week that lead me to believe it might be something other than somebody just coming up and hitting me,” she told MTV. “I honestly in my heart believe I was set up.” She added that she felt a former associate was behind the attack, and has offered a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.
Mo, who released debut album ‘Based On A True Story’ this week, also said the attack has left her petrified and unable to leave her house.
“I haven’t been outside since the incident, ’cause I’m so scared. I don’t know who’s out there to get me.” She will have her stitches removed today but does not know when she can resume promotional duties.
Mo, who previously has had no security, will be accompanied by Nation Of lslam bodyguards in the future.