The pair shared the stage in 2008
Cornell, who died earlier this year, shared the stage with Linkin Park in 2008 when they hit the road together for the Projekt Revolution tour.
During a stop-off at Atlanta’s Lakewood Amphitheatre, Cornell joined Linkin Park onstage to perform ‘Hunger Strike’, taken from Temple of The Dog’s 1991 self-titled album.
The pair also enjoyed an enduring friendship outside of music, with Bennington acting as godfather to Cornell’s children and performing Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah at his funeral in May.
Bennington also paid tribute to Cornell in an open letter after his death, hailing him as an ‘unrivalled’ talent.
“Your talent was pure and unrivaled. Your voice was joy and pain, anger and forgiveness, love and heartache all wrapped up into one. I suppose that’s what we all are. You helped me understand that”, he wrote.
Chester , who was 41 years old, was found at his Palos Verdes, California home yesterday (July 20). It has been confirmed that his death is being investigated as suicide.
In the immediate aftermath of his passing, an open letter posted on fan site a man who could never do anyone wrong”.has hailed Bennington as “
FOR HELP AND ADVICE ON MENTAL HEALTH
- YOUNG MINDS – The voice for young people’s health and wellbeing
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably for young men
- Time To Change – Let’s end mental health discrimination
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day
- ‘Am I depressed?’ – help and advice on mental health and what to do next