The VO5 NME Awards 2018 are over for another year, and J Hus has triumphed after winning album of the year for ‘Common Sense’.
After he collected the award, it was then time for godlike genius Liam Gallagher to collect his deserved gong and perform a career spanning set.
Elsewhere, there was significant triumphs for Garbage’s Shirley Manson as she picked up the NME Icon Award.
Here’s the list of winners in full.
- Best British Band supported by Zig-Zag – Alt-J
- Best British Solo Artist supported by VO5 – Loyle Carner
- Best New Artist supported by Vans – Stefflon Don
- Best Live Artist supported by Nikon – Kasabian
- Best Track supported by Estrella Galicia – Charli XCX, ‘Boys’
- Best International Band supported by 19 Crimes Winery, Haim
- Best Mixtape supported by Bulldog Gin – Avelino, ‘No Bullshit’
- Best Album supported by Orange Amplification – J Hus ‘Common Sense’
- Best Collaboration supported by VO5 – Craig David and Bastille, ‘I Know You’
- Best Festival supported by ID&C – Glastonbury
- Best Film supported by Zig-Zag – Baby Driver
- Best Music Video supported by Princess Yachts – The Big Moon, ‘Sucker’
- Under The Radar Award supported by HMV – Pale Waves
- Best Festival Headliner supported by Anna Valley – Muse
- Best International Solo Artist – Lorde
- NME Icon – Shirley Manson
- NME Innovation Award – Boy Better Know
- Godlike Genius – Liam Gallagher
- Best Book – Wiley, Eskiboy
- Best TV Show – Stranger Things 2
- Best Reissue – Radiohead, ‘OK Not OK’
- Best Small Festival – Festival Number 6
- Music Moment of The Year – One Love Manchester
- Best Music Film – Gaga: Five Foot Two
- Hero of the year – Ariana Grande
- Villain of the year – Piers Morgan