XXXTentacion collaborator gives update on rapper’s posthumous album

The 20-year-old rapper was shot and killed in Florida in June

One of XXXTentacion‘s frequent collaborators has given an update on the rapper’s upcoming posthumous album.

The star, whose real names was Jahseh Dwayne Onfroy, was shot dead while leaving a motorcycle dealership in Florida on June 18. He was 20 years old.

Speaking to Genius, John Cunningham, who served as co-executive producer on Onfroy’s second album ‘?’, said: “We basically started making this next album right after ‘?’┬ácame out. The songs and the ideas and the vision of it all was done or very close to being done.”

He added that most of the work left to do on the record was just “getting it mixed or mastered or a certain thing added.” “The whole idea, the concept, the songs, [all that] was done,” he said.

Earlier this year, it was reported that Onfroy had signed a $10 million album deal prior to his death with Empire Distribution. It was claimed that no new material from the rapper could be released “until at least October” because of a clause in his previous contract.

As well as his own posthumous album, Onfroy is expected to appear on Kanye West’s new album, ‘Yandhi’. He recently featured on Lil Wayne’s long-awaited ‘Tha Carter V’, while he also appeared on a joint single with Lil Peep, titled ‘Falling Down’.

Meanwhile, surveillance footage of the events leading up to XXXTentacion’s murder was released last month (September 28). Part of it showed the rapper’s car being blocked from leaving the parking lot at Riva Motorsports by an SUV.

Two armed men could be seen exiting the vehicle and approaching Onfroy’s BMW. Four men have been indicted on charges relating to the star’s death.