Band say James Arthur was prevented from performing one of their tracks on the TV talent show
You Me At Six have claimed that contestants on The X Factor are not allowed to perform their songs as producers do not consider the band to be high-profile enough.
Frontman Josh Franceschi told the Daily Star that he was told by 2012 X Factor winner James Arthur that he was stopped from picking a You Me At Six song while he was competing in the show.
“Me and our drummer Dan Flint were out with James and some other X Factor singers one night. A few of them are You Me At Six fans too,” says Franchesci. “They’d really wanted to do one of our songs. However, the producers won’t allow rock songs to be performed unless it’s by famous bands like AC/DC.”
A representative from The X Factor had not responded to NME’s request for comment at the time of publication.
You Me At Six are set for first ever Number One as they race to the top of the Official Albums Chart at this week’s midway stage with their new album ‘Cavalier Youth’.
Official Chart Company data revealed earlier this week that the band look set to hit Number One ahead of the current chart-topper, Ellie Goulding‘s ‘Halcyon’. The final chart will be revealed on BBC Radio 1 this Sunday (February 2). You Me At Six’s last two albums have both crashed the Top Five, with 2010’s ‘Hold Me Down’ peaking at Number Five and ‘Sinners Never Sleep’ reaching Number Three in 2011.