Band set to reschedule Joiner's show
Yuck were forced to cancel their show in Southampton on Thursday night (February 17) after the venue they were playing in was evacuated.
However, they were unable to play after smoke started to enter the venue from a blaze at the Hot Wok, the Chinese restaurant next door. The fire brigade had to be called, with firefighters spending over five hours putting out the blaze.
They believe the fire was caused by hot tar that builders had left smouldering on the takeaway’s roof. It is currently being refurbished.
Yuck posted a statement on their Facebook page after the incident. “We’re really sorry that the Southampton gig burned down last night,” they wrote. “We were just sitting in the dressing room and then suddenly were aware that we couldn’t see anything. But keep your tickets because it’s being rescheduled.”
A new date will be confirmed shortly.