The Walking Dead's casting boss has just dropped a big hint about plans for the show's future
The Walking Dead may be getting a second spin-off show according to the boss of the hit zombie apocalypse show.
Chief Content Editor Scott Gimple spoke about plans for the show’s future at San Diego’s Comic-Con, shortly after actor Andrew Lincoln finally confirmed his plans to leave the show last week (July 20).
When asked what direction the show would head next, Gimple said: “We’re currently working on some things that answer that question, so I shouldn’t answer it.”
“There’s a lot of stuff that’s cooking in the garage right now. We’re working on all sorts of things, and as the months go on, we’re going to have a lot more to say about it.”
Gimple also hinted are more parallels and cross-overs between the two current series of the show, despite season 9 leaping forwards chronologically.
Speaking to Digital Spy, Gimple said: “I wouldn’t expect it all the time, but things could happen.”
“You never know who might pop up on Fear the Walking Dead, and that includes not only [characters from] The Walking Dead but even potentially people from the past of Fear the Walking Dead. You never know.”
Rumours about Lincoln’s departure for the show have been rife for some time, especially after one of the show’s director’s posted a farewell message to the star on Instagram. The post has since been deleted.
Meanwhile, a survey of Walking Dead fans recently revealed that 44% of them said they would stop watching the show once Lincoln left.
72% of the people who completed the poll also believe that The Walking Dead should end after season nine.