ABC has cancelled all future episodes of ‘The Great American Baking Show’ after multiple sexual harrassment claims against one of its stars, celebrity chef, Johnny Iuzzini.
The 36-year-old pastry chef was a judge on the show alongside Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood.
According to Mic, last month four of Iuzzini’s former employees accused him of sexual harrassment and abuse, dating back to 2009-2011 with one claiming he stuck his tongue in her ear on multiple occasions.
Three other women told the publication that the workplace was “rampant with incidents of sexual harassment”.
A further four women came forward on Tuesday (December 12).
The third season of ‘The Great American Baking Show’ debuted last week and the second episode was set to air tonight, but ABC made the decision to pull all episodes in light of the allegations.
“In light of allegations that recently came to our attention, ABC has ended its relationship with Johnny Iuzzini and will not be airing the remainder of ‘The Great American Baking Show‘ episodes,” an ABC spokesperson said on Wednesday.
“ABC takes matters such as those described in the allegations very seriously and has come to the conclusion that they violate our standards of conduct. This season’s winner will be announced at a later date.”
Iuzzini responded to the initial allegations in a statement to Mic.
“I am shattered and heartbroken at the thought that any of my actions left members of my team feeling hurt or degraded,” he said. “More importantly, I am deeply sorry to those who felt hurt.”
He goes to say that “many of the other allegations are inaccurate”, and he blames the way “kitchen culture has changed” over the years.
You can read Iuzzini’s full statement here. He is yet to respond to the show’s cancellation.