Netflix want Aziz Ansari to make more ‘Master of None’ “when he’s ready”

The future of the actor and comedian's acclaimed show was put in doubt following an allegation of sexual misconduct earlier this year

Netflix have confirmed that they are still backing Aziz Ansari, and hope that the actor and comedian will resume work on a third season of Master of None “when [he’s] ready”.

Ansari has largely withdrawn from the public eye since he was accused of sexual misconduct by an anonymous woman back in January. The actor and comedian denied the allegations, saying that he and the woman had “engage[d] in sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual” and that he was “surprised and concerned” to hear about the allegations.

Ansari returned to performing stand-up back in May, and it appears that Netflix are still keen to work with him going forward. While Master of None season three remains on hold, the streaming service has now indicated that they won’t be severing ties with Ansari following the aforementioned allegations.

Speaking at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour in Beverly Hills yesterday (July 29), Netflix programming executive Cindy Holland said that they would be happy to work with Ansari on Master of None again “when Aziz is ready”.

“We certainly have given some thought to it,” Holland said when asked if Netflix would continue to produce Master of None. “We certainly would be happy to make another season of Master of None with Aziz.”

The Television Critics Association’s summer press tour also yielded some Stranger Things news from Netflix executives, with all eyes now on the upcoming third season of the popular series.