Rapper Vic Mensa has opened up about his struggles with mental health and drug addiction on new song ’10K Problems.’
The rapper emotively discusses the issues he’s faced in his personal life and the difficulty he’s experienced in losing loved ones.
He raps: “Relapsing D-R-U-G habits / Tryin’ move forward, depression been holding me backwards / Recovery ain’t a straight line.”
“It’s a painful process watching your parents die,” he says, after describing how his father was recently paralysed following surgery.
- Read More: Till The World Falls: Nile Rodgers & Chic debut new track with Vic Mensa & Mura Masa
- Read More: Watch Vic Mensa cover Radiohead’s Karma Police
Earlier this month, Mensa revealed another new song, ‘Reverse’ featuring G-Eazy and Mashmello. He’s also appeared on Powe 106’s L.A. Leakers and worked with Valee on new song ‘Dim Sum.’
FOR HELP AND ADVICE ON MENTAL HEALTH:
- ‘Am I depressed?’ – Help and advice on mental health and what to do next
- YOUNG MINDS – The voice for young people’s health and wellbeing
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably for young men
- Time To Change – Let’s end mental health discrimination
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day