To mark the 30th anniversary since Lennon’s first posthumous release ‘Milk And Honey’, Barry Nicolson investigates the story behind an enigmatic hero in his final sessions
Discovering that there may be a fifth member of the LA band called ‘tension’, Hazel Sheffield heads to Holland to find four musicians at once together and fractious
Manchester may be a city renowned for its historical footprint in music but, as Simon Jay Catling discovers, there are new legends in the making worth shouting about
From The Vaults: Pavement, 1994
20 years after they released their second album ‘Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain’, we revisit Simon Williams’ interview with Stephen Malkmus in London.
- SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS
- Why did Angel Haze leak her own album?
The reasoning behind her ‘fuck you’ to the label is revealed
- Who will be heading out on this year’s NME Awards Tour?
Find out and hear from 2014’s brave rock’n’roll souls
- Which song does Brett Anderson dance around the kitchen to?
Clue: it’s particularly good for pulling up to the toaster to
- Anatomy of an album: Gene – ‘Olympian’
- In The Studio: Temples
- Interviews with:
- Bombay Bicycle Club
- T Bone Burnett on Inside Lleweyn Davis
- Angel Olsen
- Bradford Cox
- Wild Beasts
- Album Reviews:
- Broken Bells
- Marijuana Deathsquads
- The Gaslight Anthem
- Dum Dum Girls
- Supreme Cuts
- Peggy Sue
- Caught Live:
- Action Bronson
- Fat White Family, King Krule and Childhood
- Against Me!
- Joanna Gruesome / September Girls
- Menace Beach
- Baby Strange
- Girl Band
- Cass McCombs