Today marks the release of Avicii: Invector, a new video game that allows fans to use the late DJ’s music to complete a series of increasingly complex challenges.
The new game will allow fans to tackle no less than 25 of Avicii’s seminal hits as they respond to button prompts in order to obtain the highest score as possible.
Set across a series of different worlds, the game also allows fans to access split-screen action so that they can go head-to-head against others gamers.
Now available on PS4, Xbox One and PC, the game was created after Hello There Games and Wired Productions teamed up with the Tim Bergling Foundation – which was set up to honour the late DJ’s memory after he died in 2017.
A portion of all proceeds from the game will go to the foundation.
“Tim wanted to spread positivity through his music. I hope that this rhythm game – with more than two dozen of Tim’s songs – will give joy to his fans,” said Klas Bergling, Tim’s father.
“Tim developed Avicii Invector together with Hello There Games a few years ago and we are now happy to make it available on more platforms. All Avicii’s net proceeds from the Invector game will be donated to the Tim Bergling Foundation to prevent mental illness among young people.”
Avicii: Invector – Key Features
- Experience AVICII’s Music: 25 hit songs from the EDM superstar
- Be the DJ: Custom, on-the-note, level-designed tracks to play
- New Look and Experience: New visual look and additional content
- Additional Platforms: First time on Xbox One, Switch, and PC, plus new content on PS4
- Play it Your Way: Three difficulties on every level.
- Explore New Worlds: Six different in-game worlds including a brand-new world
- Play with Friends: Solo play or with friends in split screen action.
- Immersive Story: Emerges through cutscenes with voice acting
“AVICII Invector celebrates AVICII’s life and music by immersing players inside the pulsing rhythms, evocative lyrics, and heart-tugging melodies he created,” said Leo Zullo, Managing Director of Wired Productions.
“He was an amazing talent and I hope and believe this project will bring Tim Bergling’s wonderful spirit to a world that can benefit from it.”