Tom Holland has cast doubt on whether he’ll continue to play Marvel’s most famous web-slinger following Spider-Man: No Way Home.
The upcoming film is currently the last Spider-Man outing on the actor’s contract, which concludes a trilogy started by 2017’s Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Speaking in an interview with GQ Magazine, Holland pondered whether he’ll continue to sport the superhero spandex – suggesting it might be time for Peter Parker’s version of Spider-Man to step back from the limelight.
“Maybe it is time for me to move on,” Holland said. “Maybe what’s best for Spider-Man is that they do a Miles Morales film. I have to take Peter Parker into account as well, because he is an important part of my life.”
The actor, 25, added: “If I’m playing Spider-Man after I’m 30, I’ve done something wrong.”
The first actor to play Spider-Man in a live-action film, Tobey Maguire, left the role after three films following 2007’s Spider-Man 3. His successor Andrew Garfield played the role across two films.
Regarding his future more broadly, Holland, who briefly trained as a carpenter, said: “I definitely don’t think I want to be an actor for the rest of my life.
“I’ve always been really good with my hands. If something’s broken, I can always figure out a way to fix it.” The actor adds that he has an idea of “buying apartment buildings and renting them out cheaper than they need to be, because I don’t need the money.”
The final trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home released earlier this week, which showed past Spider-Man villains Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Sandman, Electro and Lizard all making a return.
Spider-Man: No Way Home will be released in UK cinemas on December 15.